Availability of Kittens
We have given up breeding Mandalays and so will not have any Mandalay kittens for at least the foreseeable future.
contact us and fill in the questionnaire if you would like us to consider you as a suitable owner.
We receive a lot of enquiries and therefore we cannot always give an instant response.
Ensure that you provide us with as much information as you can.
We have many more enquiries than we have kittens available and so this means if you
are interested one of our babies and we approve that you are suitable as an owner
you will sometimes have to wait 6 - 12 months or more.
We do provide regular updates and photos on our Facebook page, so this is a good place to find out more information.
Availability of Adult Ex-Breeding Cats
We have no adult cats looking for homes at this time.
FOR PROSPECTIVE OWNERS
Our cats have been DNA tested negative
for Hypokalaemia and Gangliosidosis.
It is extremely important when searching for
Burmese and any of the breeds related to Burmese (Mandalay, Burmilla, Tonkinese,
Tiffany, Bombay) ensure that the breeder has at the least tested their breeding
cats for Hypokalaemia.
kittens are available to approved homes only - not on a first-in-first-served
Types of homes suitable for our kittens:
indoor cat is a safe cat!"
- We strongly recommend that our kittens are kept as 'indoor
cats' for their entire lives - or at the very least for the first 6 months, and
at night time thereafter. There are, of course exceptions to this - one
being if your house is situated well away from any roads, for example in
some rural situations. We would still recommend that they are kept inside
at night time.
must be willing to commit to owning and looking after the kitten for its entire
life (up to 20 or more years in some cases!), owning a cat is a commitment
for the lifetime of the cat.
- You must be aware that there is ongoing
financial cost in owning and caring for a cat and you MUST be willing to seek
veterinary attention when required.
- Homes with more than three cats are not really suitable (in general the more cats in a household, the more likely behavioural issues are to arise).
- Burmese are generally good with dogs, however they must be cat-friendly dogs to begin with.
What should new owners expect to receive with one of our kittens:
kittens are house-reared with their Mum and are a part of our busy household which includes other cats and two very cat friendly dogs. This means that they are well
socialised & prepared for their new homes by the time they are ready to go. Although we do not have children, feedback has been great from owners that our kittens get on very well with children of varying ages.
- Kittens are all registered with New Zealand Cat Fancy Inc
- Kittens are all microchipped before they leave, and registered on the New Zealand Companion Animal Register
- Kittens are desexed, will have had at least their first vaccination and will have been treated for worms and fleas
- We provide kitten packs for our new owners, and so you will receive a starter kit that includes a bag of biscuits, discount vouchers, cat litter plus other useful information.
- We provide a blanket for every kitten to take to their new home, this gives them something familiar in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Our kitten care information booklet
- 6 weeks of free pet insurance available upon request
also have a written agreement which we sign as well as the new kitten or cat
owner. This outlines our expectations when it comes to welfare of the
kitten throughout its life, gives a health guarantee and commits us to be
available at any stage to provide information with regard to health and well being of the kitten or cat.